View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Interest survey for including a scanning/OCR feature in Notation Composer -reply

Ralph, thanks for your comments.

The scanning quality of the concept would be exactly the same as the scanning quality of SharpEye 2 which uses the Liszt OCR scanning engine.
The technical concept basically is to export a MusicXML file by the Liszt OCR engine and import this MusicXML file into Composer.

There is a long thread about the best scanning OCR engine in the forum of the MuseScore folks. Unfortunately (or fortunately ) it is in German language where people contributed who did intensive testing and validations. Please find the thread here. SharpEye sounds OK and the testing that I did was OK, too for the music sheet that I used. I can recommend to try the SharpEye 2 trial version which you can download from the Visiv page. If somebody tries it, just compare the scanned score to your original music sheet and let us know what you think about the scanned quality.

From a technical platform perspective the beauty using the Liszt OCR engine is that we can perfectly use it across all platfroms which we support from Windows XP to Windows 10, Mac and Linux.

Reinhold