View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Interest survey for including a scanning/OCR feature in Notation Composer -reply

Okay, Reinhold, interesting expansion concept. I like it. Why raise the price Composer for folks who wouldn't be using the scan feature. Brilliant!

So, now that you have shed a little more light on your approach, let me revise my views. The current Amazon price for Neuratron PhotoScore Ultimate 8 is $229.99, which is misleading, because from what I know, you also have to have Sibelius in order to get any kind of flexible editing of the scanned music.

So, if you add the $504 cost of Sibelius, you would have to pay $733.99 to get an almost workable capture -- for folks who would like the scan feature in Composer, that gives you a very wide margin between your Composer cost of $98.99 and Photoscore/Sibelius cost of $733.99.

As far as I am concerned, the $229.99 I paid for Photoscore is NOT worth it. I use it very little. I have some simple lead sheets that I will try again on, just to see if more frequent use makes me more proficient with it.

I hope this helps.

Ralph Rayner