View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 02:22 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Interest survey for including a scanning/OCR feature in Notation Composer -reply

My 2/100ths of a dollar.

Are you talking about re-pricing Composer? If so, I'm not sure that the average user would have enough need for the scanning feature to make up the price break.

I have an ancient version of the Sharp Eye scanning software that I've used, like, twice. I see that it's $163 US at the moment. I have used it to create midis, then brought them into Composer. As Ralph says, that then takes a lot of massaging to make it work.

Having said that I don't use it, I realize that I could have made very extensive use of it last spring when I transcribed a couple of hundred pages from sheet music. I just never thought of it and played it manually into Composer. On the other hand, that sheet music was often very old (19th century) and scanning software probably wouldn't have been very effective with it.

I wonder whether some deal with a scanning software company, such as Visiv (Sharp Eye) that would allow direct import into Composer from their program might be a better solution than an incorporated scanning feature.

Just some thoughts.

David