Thread: Fill 'er Up
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Larry, Thanks for det

Howdy Larry,

Thanks for detailing your setup! I've seen the Roland, as well as Godin and a couple other "MIDI specific" guitars. I was just curious what you used, and what your experience has been. The only other person I know of who uses a MIDI guitar setup extensively is Phil Keaggy, and he is absolutely amazing!

Your reference to it being similar to fretless was one point I was curious about, as it seemed to me that getting articulations out of a guitar would be much easier for me, as that is the instrument I'm most familiar with. I also play electric bass (I'd love to get a "big fiddle") and have converted my old viola electric to fretless, which is a whole different ballgame than playing with frets So I'm learning even more fret/fingerboard skills, which I actually use in real life, and would love to be able to use those with Composer.

My comment about letting me hang out with you guys was more observation of what a really cool medium this forum is. I would never be able to meet musicians with the experience and knowledge that you guys have where I live. (remember - where I'm at, a "chamber concert" means the bluegrass band is _inside_ the barn rather than in the barnyard ). So the fact that I can "meet" you, and that we can interact, is just a major blessing for me, and I appreciate it immensely! We are developing a great community here, and that's a Very Good Thing

ttfn,
Sherry