View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
hb

Default Not quite, Sherry. I will try

Not quite, Sherry. I will try again.
In a piece of music, I click on the sound horn to change the instrument of that staff. The box opens up to give me a choice of instruments. Let's say it's default sound is flute and I want to change it to "grand piano". I click on "grand piano". There is a box in the upper left hand corner for the name of the new instrument to appear. Almost all of the time, this new instrument does not appear in that box. I have to highlight the old instrument name, (flute), and type in the instrument that I have selected, (grand piano). It's important to tell you that just because the new name did not appear in the box, it did, however actually change instruments. I am asking this because, every once in a while when I click on an instrument, it will automatically put the name of the new instrument in the box on it's own, but not very often. It's no huge deal, I was curious as to why sometimes it changes names on it's own, and sometimes, (or most of the time ), it doesn't. If I don't take the time to physically type the name of the new instrument in the box, it will show the old instrument on the staff.
Hope this is clearer. Thanks for your help. Sorry I was so late in replying.
hb