Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Full Score Printing (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32321)

rrayner 03-30-2014 05:41 PM

Full Score Printing

1 Attachment(s)
I have tried all the variations I can think of, but I can't find a way to print a full score and have white space between the staves. The photo I have included is a very poor rendition of one printed page, but at least it shows how close the staves are to each other. When I'm working with only seven instruments, it prints okay, but with ten instruments, the staves are jammed together. Is there a way to reduce the font size for printing? Again, I have searched for topics that seem to me to be appropriate.

Ralph

rrayner 03-30-2014 05:56 PM

Re: Full Score Printing

Before anyone spends any time on this, I think I may have answered my own question. I am researching font sizes and I think I have my answer.

Ralph

rrayner 03-30-2014 06:57 PM

Okay, I have found my answer in reducing font size under Format. Now, is there a way to rotate the print by 90°?

Ralph

Sherry C 03-30-2014 07:23 PM

Hi Ralph,

Quote:

Now, is there a way to rotate the print by 90°
If you mean to rotate a single string of text (eg. on Free text group) by 90° to everything else (eg. the staff lines), the answer is no.

If that's not what you mean, please explain further :)

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner 03-30-2014 08:24 PM

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am afraid I am wanting to rotate the score when printing so that the print would be true landscape orientation on paper. I have seen many scores printed this way, but of course, not the individual parts. Scores like what I was looking to print are usually bound on the left side of the landscape printout.

Ralph

Sherry C 03-30-2014 10:09 PM

Hi Ralph,

Yes, you can rotate the entire score and get landscape printing, but your printer also has to understand that :)

For the Composer side, you can use Format/Page Setup to set up a landscape-orientation format for any (or all) part(s).

Most printers will understand this, and just print the score landscape. However, I used to have an HP printer that for some reason had to be independently set to whatever the orientation was that I had selected in my program (any program - totally frustrating). Is this perhaps the case with your printer, that you also have to select "Printer properties" (or whatever it's called for the particular printer) and set it for "Landscape"?

I print out all my Conductor's Scores in landscape orientation, and it works for me (Canon printer).

ttfn,
Sherry

rrayner 03-31-2014 01:33 PM

Thanks, Sherry. All clear here, now. My main thrust was to use CutePDF to ship the score to my former classmate. I didn't think it was working because Adobe still displays it in Portrait orientation. However, I am able to tell Adobe that I really want it printed in Landscape. As always, you are a gold mine of information.

Ralph