Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Other (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2872)
-   -   Midi device assignment for new songs (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34177)

martin 09-30-2017 09:22 AM

Midi device assignment for new songs

1 Attachment(s)
The midi device assignment dialog seems to appear every time I start a new song.

Reinhold H. 09-30-2017 10:25 AM

Re: Midi device assignment for new songs

Martin,

Thanks.

When a song is saved the midi device configuration setup is saved in the .not file, too in order to have the full configuration saved in a song file which includes the sounds. When the midi device configuration has changed since the last use of a song e.g. because a new midi device has been used now, a new opening of a song leads to this question if for this song a change should apply. This design is in the software since the early days.
Could you please verify if a midi device configuration change has happened. And, if there is the same behaviour with the full Composer 3.0.6.
In this code area there was no change for a long time.

Reinhold

martin 09-30-2017 08:55 PM

When I start a new song with composer 3.06 I do not get the device configuration dialog. But I get the dialog every time I start a new song with Composer3 BETA. I changed my device configuration when I first ran the BETA version some time ago but I have not changed it since.

Martin

Reinhold H. 10-05-2017 08:28 AM

Martin,

Can you please copy the config file from the Composer 3 full version

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Notation_3\Composer_3\Mi diDev.cf3

to

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Notation_3_BETA_RELEASE\Composer_3\MidiDev.cf3

in order to check if you still see the midi device assignment dialog?

Thanks

Reinhold

martin 10-05-2017 12:35 PM

I have copied the MidiDev.cf3 across to beta 3 and I no longer get the midi device dialog in beta 3:) so your suggestion has worked.

I did a copy and replace so I no longer have the beta 3 version. Does this matter?
Martin

martin 01-21-2018 01:44 PM

Hello Rheinhold

I have recently changed my Pc and I am running Windows10. I have installed a beta version of Composer. I have changed the default device in the configuration dialog. Every time I start a new song I get the dialog asking me about reassigning etc.

Last time I had this problem you replied
Can you please copy the config file from the Composer 3 full version

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Notation_3\Composer_3\Mi diDev.cf3
ENDQUOTE

and this worked well. What should I do now I do not have the full version on my new PC.

Martin

Reinhold H. 01-24-2018 07:44 PM

Martin,

Can you try to copy the file form your old former PC to the beta as I recommended recently?
I guess that you have copies the song files from your old PC as well. That would be the same issue then.

Reinhold