Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spam mostly eliminated from forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=2218)

Mark Walsen (markwa) 10-30-2006 10:26 PM

This forum had suffered a lot

This forum had suffered a lot in the last two years from automated spam postings. This problem has been almost completely solved now.

If in the past you found email notifications of forum postings useful, until the spam problem got so bad, I hope that you will consider turning back on the email notifications, now the the forum spam problem has been solved.

If you're not already registered in the forum, click Log In or Register at the top of this window. You need only provide your email address and some forum user identification.

If you want to receive email notifications for replies to your posts, then at the Log In or Register page, find the E-mail Notification section. Within that section, turn on the checkmarks for receiving e-mail notifications for (1) "my own posts" and (2) "replies to my posts".

If you want to receive email notifications of new posts by other forum users in certain sections of the forum, then at the Log In or Register page, find the E-mail Notification section. Within that section, under New Posts, turn on checkmarks for any forum sections for which you wish to receive email copies of new posts.

Periodically, you should review the list of sections for which you have signed up to receive email notifications. When a new section of the forum is added, it will not be automatically added to your checklist.

Cheers
-- Mark

Clyde (clyde) 10-31-2006 12:36 AM

Hi Mark, As one of those wh

Hi Mark,
As one of those who switched most e-mails off, it is a relief to know you may have eliminated most of the time wasting and unwanted spam.

Because I have had so much switched off, I have no real idea of the state of the project, and will download the new version (1.19.13) and have a look to see what has changed.

Previously I had been using composer to simply print the score, but these days I am using it edit my actual playing, and so have been using extensively the piano roll features (as played). The old version has a number of 'bugs' in this area, and so I will be interested to see how the new version goes.

Cheers ... Clyde

Mark Walsen (markwa) 10-31-2006 01:38 AM

Hello Clyde, I hope we'

Hello Clyde,

I hope we'll see you more again in the forum, now that the spam problem has been solved.

I'm pleased that you're discovering the features in Composer for editing the MIDI performance. There have been some usability improvements there. I don't recall what significant bugs I might have fixed in the area of MIDI performance editing, but any such fixes will be listed in the list of enhancements and bug fixes at www.notation.com/MidiNotateBetaRelease.htm.

Cheers
-- Mark

Jaap Veneman (jaapv) 10-31-2006 10:39 AM

Dear Mark Although I had in

Dear Mark

Although I had in Outlook made a filter that captured most of these and moved it to unwanted mail folder, some continued to slip through.
Its great to hear the spam problem has been fixed. Thanks

Cheers Jaap