Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Notation Software Users Forum home (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=2263)

Sherry C 07-17-2009 08:56 PM

New Notation Software Users Forum home

Hi friends,

We are happy to announce that we have a new forum home for the Notation Software Users Community. We hope that you enjoy the new look, the new feel, and all the new features that are available here.

You'll find:

• A wide assortment of options to create your own custom "experience" on the forum (display settings and such.)
  • Blogs (this is a totally new feature)
  • Improved "Search" capability
  • and much more.
We hope you enjoy the new features, and the better "Help" that you can find in the various Menu items, especially "FAQ".

Happy Music Making!
Sherry
for the Notation Software team

mgj32 07-20-2009 06:22 PM

Re: New Notation Software Users Forum home

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry C (Post 8755)
Hi friends,

We are happy to announce that we have a new forum home for the Notation Software Users Community. We hope that you enjoy the new look, the new feel, and all the new features that are available here.

You'll find:

• A wide assortment of options to create your own custom "experience" on the forum (display settings and such.)
  • Blogs (this is a totally new feature)
  • Improved "Search" capability
  • and much more.
We hope you enjoy the new features, and the better "Help" that you can find in the various Menu items, especially "FAQ".

Happy Music Making!
Sherry
for the Notation Software team

Hi Sherry,
Looking very, very good. My only problem after getting registered (I was happy I could help with whatever the problem was) is navigation. In order to get to Share Your Music, that lists style types is from the Notation Home page. I haven't found a link to the SYM page on the new one. Also, it would be nice if the immediate email notification could still apply to the forum level, rather than just individual threads. Otherwise I've been having fun exploring.

all best,
mgj

Sherry C 07-20-2009 08:42 PM

Howdy MG,

I'm glad you're enjoying the new forum :)

When we migrated the forum from the old discussion board, we decided to have a "flatter" layout. Some folks had been a bit hesitant about posting their music because they weren't sure which genre specifically applied. So, in this new incarnation you just post new music. One added way you can categorize new threads is to use the "Tags" option when you post. This way, you can self-categorize your music or other thread. It's different, but I think it will prove to be a more flexible approach for forum users, rather than having to fit themselves into categories mandated by "The Forum Administrators" ;) (though we do try to be as accommodating as possible.)

The "subscription" options also work a bit differently as well. You can go to your "User CP" (it's the first menu bar option above) and set many of the defaults that you want for notifications and such. I have not found a way (yet!) to set a global "subscribe to everything" setting, but if I do, I'll certainly let you know.

Meanwhile do enjoy exploring around. This new software is set up much better for having more interaction among our community than ever before.

ttfn,
Sherry

mgj32 07-21-2009 05:18 AM

Hi Sherry,

I have seen "tags" many times on various pages and never had any real idea what they might be used for. Now I have an idea. I wish I had posted the draft of "Happy Birthday" with variations a couple of days later since it is a mixture of styles. I'll have to give it a try next time.

all best,
mgj

dj 07-21-2009 06:57 PM

And I'm in! Thanks, Sherry.

Nice new look and feel for the forum and I hope that it'll generate traffic.

I should post some music!

David

djimtio 07-24-2009 11:56 PM

Hi Sherry,Mark and all
Still have to find my way in the new Forum with all the new features ,but just want to say congrats on the new design and setup.
Regards from sunny Portugal
Djim

BTW Sherry, great bass cleff logo !