Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   opening files in Playlist (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=4333)

Therock88 06-09-2012 09:20 AM

opening files in Playlist

After saving the default setting for the lyrics, chord and free txt and saving the file
Sometimes when it opens its all over the place with all the sizes different.
Also even tho they are turned off and set to zero velocity some of the melodies are playing randomly
I have had to delete these to stop this from happening. I tried to use the play list at a gig last week but had to stop most of the time to reset fonts can anybody help please.

Sherry C 06-10-2012 06:36 PM

Re: opening files in Playlist

Hi,

A couple of items here might be of help:

1. Make sure that if you've made changes to .not files, that it is indeed the .not file and not the original .mid file that the Playlist is referencing. For myself, I create a separate folder and put any edited .not files in it that I want to use in a Playlist. This practice should help eliminate any confusion (although Notation products look for the .not version of a file before the .mid version) and make sure that it's using the edited version.

2. If you use the Mute button on a staff, that is only for a given session. If you close the file and re-open it, that staff won't be muted. To "turn off" notes but still see them, be sure the Note Velocities are zero for those notes. Also, if you're using found .mid files to start with, check for duplicate tracks that are also playing the same notes and either set those to zero velocity, or delete the staff altogether.

3. The only time I've seen font issues like you describe was when I set up files on one computer, then tried to use them on another machine that didn't have the same fonts. The substitutions that the second machine made didn't match up exactly, and the fonts and sizes didn't look like I had wanted them. If you're prepping the files on a different machine, try prepping them on the performance machine before accessing them via the Playlist.

If there are particular files that are having issues consistently, please attach a copy to a reply either here or to our support desk at support@notation.com

ttfn,
Sherry

Therock88 06-12-2012 08:17 AM

Thanks for your reponse I Am only making changes to .not files & Not Midi also all ready in a seperate folder.
The mute button is certainly staying muted some times but I have now deleted staffs I Dont need which means for example if I want to turn sax off because im playing sax I have to have to versions one with one with out the sax staff.

After reading the Forum i have learnt that you need to open files before useing them in the play list although its a real pain its more stable the changes ive made are still not what they should be when I reopen I have sent snap shots of Notaion to you.
I am only using the same laptop running vista

I have a couple of files where the drums fade in and out although when played in other midi programmes they are fine I also will send you a copy.
Notation is a G8 Program but still got a lot of bugs which I hope will be sorted one day. thanks for your help.

Sherry C 06-12-2012 11:52 AM

Hi,

Re. copies of the file(s) or screenshots to the helpdesk - I haven't seen anything there. If you did already send them, please try re-sending them to support@notation.com or visit the helpdesk directly by clicking this link.

Thanks!
Sherry