Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Band in a Box plugin (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2867)
-   -   Additional information (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=34170)

Reinhold H. 09-24-2017 08:28 AM

Additional information

For the Band-in-a-Box plugin please see here. This plugin is available for the complete period of the beta testing for free. We will provide information how to use it asap and will post the links here.

Reinhold

antoniozappino 09-29-2017 11:35 AM

Re: Additional information

Hello
cant't wait to try the plugin, but I am not willing to install the beta version, cause cannot risk to lose my work in the case of a malfunction... So I must wait for the official release of version 3.0.7 of Composer.
Anyway, just saw the plugin page, and must say that, compared to the price you apply for the Composer software, $$ 69,99 PLUS taxes for the plugin seems to me a bit pricey... :eek:

Will a single license for the plugin be suitable for people like me that have two or more licenses of Composer, or will we have to buy multiple licenses of the plugin to be able to use it on all our Composer installations?

Best regards from Italy

Antonio

Reinhold H. 09-29-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antoniozappino (Post 68598)
Hello
cant't wait to try the plugin,

Thanks for your interests in this new feature
Quote:

but I am not willing to install the beta version, cause cannot risk to lose my work in the case of a malfunction... So I must wait for the official release of version 3.0.7 of Composer.

Although the quality other than the new features are very good in our beta release and have full product quality, it is always better to stay on the save side.
Quote:

Anyway, just saw the plugin page, and must say that, compared to the price you apply for the Composer software, $$ 69,99 PLUS taxes for the plugin seems to me a bit pricey... :eek:

The Band-in-a-Box plugin is not developed by Notation Software but has been developed by PG Music and is a PG Music product. We at Notation Software purchase the plugin on a royalty base from PG Music. The plugin price does not need to be compared to the products prices of Notation Software but to the products prices of PG Music's products. You can find the PG Music's products here.

Compared to the Band-in-a-Box price of the smallest Band-in-a-Box product, the plugin for Notation Composer is just half the price. The version 3.0.7 feature enhancements in Notation Composer are free to all Notation Composer 3 license holders. These enhancements will help you take full advantage of the feature richness of the Band-in-a-Box accompaniments and create full notation sheets of the accompaniment it creates.

Quote:

Will a single license for the plugin be suitable for people like me that have two or more licenses of Composer, or will we have to buy multiple licenses of the plugin to be able to use it on all our Composer installations?

Every installation of a Band-in-a-Box plugin on a machine with Notation Composer requires a full Band-in-a-Box plugin license. Because the Band-in-a-Box plugin is already half the price of PG Music's product prices, and because the development was not done by Notation Software, we cannot offer discounted prices for the Band-in-a-Box plugin for multiple PCs.

HOWEVER, important to know that any such song with accompaniment created by Composer 3.0.7 + the Band-in-a-Box plugin can be fully used on another PC with Notation Composer without the Band-in-a-Box plugin. Furthermore, these generated songs can be used by Notation Musician and even by Notation Player. The enhancements are free updates for these products.

I also would like to emphasize that a free trial of a Band-in-a-Box plugin will be part of any update of a Composer 3 license to 3.0.7. This trial Band-in-a-Box plugin will be available for free for 60 days from the very first use without any restrictions. After this trial period the plugin simply expires. If the Band-in-a-Box features are useful the Band-in-a-Box plugin can be purchased at any time.

So, we believe that there is plenty of time for testing and validation and that a most effectively PC set-up can be found using our product suite at best possible expenses.

Reinhold

Quote:

Best regards from Italy

Antonio

antoniozappino 09-29-2017 05:38 PM

Thanks Reinhold for your clarifications.

Effectively, I had totally missed out the fact that any song with accompaniment created by Composer 3.0.7 + the Band-in-a-Box plugin could be fully used on another PC with Notation Composer without the Band-in-a-Box plugin, so, in fact,
I would need only one license of the plugin (I use one Composer license for my WIN10 laptop and one other license under WINE for my iMac running OS X Sierra).

Thanks again and let's do a great job!

Antonio

dj 01-13-2018 07:28 PM

Hi, Sherry, Reinhold:

I'm unclear as to the status of the BiaB plugin.

Following the link in this thread takes me to a dead-end that simply says that the plug-in will be available with Version 3.0.7, yet for the previous release, you had asked us for reports on the plug-in.

Am I missing where I can download this?

David

Sherry C 01-13-2018 07:32 PM

Hi David,

It's already installed in the beta - just open a song file and have a look at the far-right tab.

ttfn,
Sherry

dj 01-14-2018 01:19 PM

Thanks, Sherry. I see it now.

I'll do some experiments with it.

David