Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Questions or problems (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Problem in changing page numbers (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=12709)

dj 10-30-2012 02:06 PM

Problem in changing page numbers

I'm not sure if this is just me or not, but have you any reports of being unable to change page numbers in Setup?

Following the usual procedure: 1. load a file; 2. go to Format/Page Setup; 3. go to Page Numbering and insert desired number; 4. exit from dialogue box.

5. The page number (when displayed using Page Text with the P# option) remains at 1 (or whatever it was initially).

6. Go back to Format/Page Setup. The page number is reset to 1 (or whatever it was initially).

I have a library of all the previous versions of Composer and I had to go back to Version 2.0.4 to find a version where I can change the page numbers.

My workaround has been to set up a file in Version 2.0.4 with the staves I need, set the page number there, exit 2.0.4, run 2.6.3, load the blank file with the page number and the formatted file, copy the formatted file onto the blank file and finally save the blank file under the old name. A bit difficult.

David

Sherry C 10-30-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Problem in changing page numbers

Hi David,

We have had one other report, and this problem is slated for fixing in the next release (major).
Sorry for the grief that it won't save properly.

ttfn,
Sherry

dj 10-31-2012 12:49 PM

Thanks, Sherry. Thought so.

David

(How are you surviving Sandy's wake?)

Sherry C 10-31-2012 02:58 PM

Hi David,

Actually we here in "the thumb" of Michigan didn't get it as bad as the forecasters and news folks would have you think, and that's not at all to belittle those who did get it bad - some places were gobsmacked.

We had high winds, but we get that fairly often. Some rain, mixed with a bit of snow from the cold front coming from the other direction. It did take down a dead tree for us, so we don't have to pay someone else to do that now :) A lot of folks elsewhere are without power and have had flooding, so our experience has been a cakewalk comparatively speaking. I will say, though, that I'm glad we have a sturdy stone house :)

How about you? It looks like you're catching a goodish bit of it about now. Hope all is well there.

ttfn,
Sherry

dj 11-01-2012 11:15 AM

We just had some high wind and rain.

The main loss was our storage tent (one of those garage/tent things) that had part of its roof ripped off. We have costumes in there for our theatre and lost a lot of them. Nothing irreplaceable.

It did force me to replenish the emergency kit and get the generator firing, which I've neglected to do for a couple of years.

Now we're all set for January of 2013, which can't be as nice as it was this year -- most of this past January was above freezing for us. THAT won't happen again!

David