Notation Software Users Forum

Notation Software Users Forum (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/index.php)
-   Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   roland keyboard BK5 -USB connection (http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=32509)

rolandva7 01-22-2015 04:24 PM

roland keyboard BK5 -USB connection

Hello
Notation composer 3 don't find (in the midi devices set up) my keyboard roland bk 5 connected directly on my computer by an USB port.
For all my other sequencer software , cubase, cakewalk,pizzicato, magix ... the BK 5 appears in the midi devices input and output and all works without problem for recording and listening.
You can help me?

Sherry C 01-22-2015 05:57 PM

Re: roland keyboard BK5 -USB connection

Hi,

Please try the following steps:

1. Turn on the Roland unit
  2. Run Composer.
  3. In Composer, click on Setup -> MIDI Devices Configuration -> Config -> Initialize
This sequence forces Composer to look for all connected and open MIDI devices.

If the Roland unit still does not show up on the Device Configuration listing, please make sure that the actual Roland device driver - not just the generic Windows one - is installed. You may need to visit the Roland website and search for your unit to download the driver for it specifically.

Let us know how it goes!

Sherry

rolandva7 01-23-2015 03:08 PM

Hello, Sherry

Your explanation does not work. I had already questioned you about this problem the last year. I believe that the problem is in the software notation . I have the last drivers for the BK5. I specify that everything works correctly with the midi software cubase, cakewalk, Pizzicato, magix .En more Magix is a very basic software.
I am desappointed because the only possibility that I have now to connect my keyboard is the USB port. I cannot use any more Notation composer . I also tried notation musician but it does not work either.

Reinhold H. 01-31-2015 12:04 PM

The issue that this Roland BK-5 keyboard is not detected by Composer 3 is resolved in the software version 3.0.2. The software version 3.0.2 is currently in beta testing and rolandva7 has received this beta version as a beta user.

We increasingly see modern keyboards on the market where the keyboard detection mechanism of the software versions 2.6.3 and version 3.0.1 are not capable to detect those keyboards adequately. We have enhanced the software of version 3 to meet those requirements. This software enhancement will be available in 3.0.2.
Our plans are that version 3.0.2 will be available in March this year. An update from the current version 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 will be for free.

Reinhold

rolandva7 01-31-2015 05:34 PM

I confirm that beta version detects my keyboard now.Many thanks to the good reactivity of the notation composer team .