Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2002, 01:16 PM
David Jacklin

Default See, I have this magnum opus -

See, I have this magnum opus -- a big musical (20+ characters, over 80 minutes of music total). For a first "concert" production of it last year, it took me over a month to use Personal Composer to create a vocal score.

This year, I am preparing a full production (23 piece orchestra, etc.). The orchestrations are finished (in MIDI files) but I need a condensed piano/vocal score for rehearsals. That's about 350 pages of score. Cakewalk Professional is out of the question, can't handle it. Personal Composer would take months.

MidiNotate did it in a WEEK! Yeah, I don't have dynamics marked, but those can be added as we work. Only a very occasional incorrect timing on a note and a few lyric glitches (it seems to move the first word of the lyric in a part a bar forward.)

It also comes very close to handling the full orchestration that quickly, but I can't format the page well enough to ensure that the full staff always fits on a 8 1/2 X 14. I am VERY interested in MidiNotate Composer, if I can adjust individuals pages. If it does come out this summer, I'm hoping I can produce the finished score with the same ease I've done the condensed score.

Thanks, Mark!