Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Brice Kuhlmann (121833)

Default I have never found a group of

I have never found a group of people who are so willing to help you solve your problems. I am 74 1/2 years young and love to play my keyboard and learn more about chords, etc. I am not an accomplished musician by any means but I love to go to "Cyber Hymnal" and copy the midi files using the Notation Software and then playing them on my keyboard using the rhythms on that keyboard. Thanks to the people at Notation Software. You are the greatest.
Mr. B
Old 12-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Active User

Question Re: Technical Support

Not sure where to post this, so I might as well try here.

I can't change page numbers, even though I've followed the steps. Every time I change the number and return to the score, it reverts to page 1. If I go back to setup, it's reverted to page 1 as well.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Technical Support

Hi,

I apologize for the problem - this is a bug that is slated for fixing in the next major release. Unfortunately there is not currently an easy work around.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 12-09-2012, 01:29 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa

Hi, Bigbird:

The best "workaround" is to put a header or footer in for the page such as "My Score Page #" but don't put in the page number. Then you can number the score by hand after printing.

Tedious, but there you go.

David
Old 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Active User

Default Re: I have never found a group of

I am loving Notation, but sometimes I get frequent crashes. Right now I'm transcribing Bob Marley's "One Love" (and amazed by his use of triplets!!) and can't do more than a measure or two without the windows "circle of doom" showing up, then it's "Not Responding" and crashes. (Just the Notation Composer program, not the computer)

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1440 that does not usually experience crashes. Windows Vista. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Product Manager

Hi,

The first thing that comes to mind is memory - how much memory does the machine have? The minimum requirement with Vista is 512 Mb, but (as with any program) the more memory the better. The Edit history is typically the culprit in a case where the machine has little memory (eg. it gets full, and may cause a problem if the memory handler doesn't give you any warning). If this is the issue, then periodically using Edit/Clear Undo History should alleviate the problem.

If you've got more than 1 Gb of memory, then it may be that some of the edit steps you're doing are showing a bug. If you're doing the same types of steps and getting a crash, please let me know either here or at our Helpdesk (support@notation.com).

Thanks!
Sherry
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Active User

Default Re: I have never found a group of

I do have plenty of memory, BUT I was running I-tunes at the same time (so I can listen and transcribe, alternately). I can try it without and see if that's the problem.

Also I had discovered that clearing the edit history helped with the problem I have with refreshing- sometimes objects I add don't show until I go to "View/Refresh".

I'll give those things a try and see what happens. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Product Manager

Hi,

iTunes can cause other issues too, like trying to hog the MIDI driver, which can cause problems for Notation Composer because Composer tries to "play nice" and share where iTunes doesn't. If you're able to, I'd suggest using a different media player to play the songs while you're transcribing them into Notation Composer.

ttfn,
Sherry