Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Snow is good for something

Howdy,

Ok, so this is all Tim Fatchen's fault

I'm afflicting you with yet another "improv" piece, inspired by the snow falling on the bean field next to our house. The melody started floating through my head as the snow flakes wafted down on the field. I ran for my keyboard and quickly recorded the melody into Composer, then cleaned it up before I lost it I had been playing around with some soundfont pads, and this one (the one I used for the mp3 recording at soundclick) gave the "sparkly" feel that I was seeing as the sun would be just bright enough through the clouds to make the snow twinkle.

The .not file will probably be most unimpressive to most of you, because it's ridiculously simple, but the complexity of the pad (it's a soundfont, johnypad4.sf2) gives it a pretty good foundation. I used one of the english horn players in Garritan Personal Orchestra for the melody line. I set up my sound card (SB Audigy2) to record the performance from Composer Pro, and saved it as a wav and as an mp3. I honestly have no idea how it will sound with a GM midi soundsource, because I recorded it using GPO. I have a feeling it may not sound so hot if it doesn't have that extra help

Again, this was done with the Pro demo, so you'll have to use that to view the file. I'm getting addicted to the features it has, so I've been using it for "real" work. Sorry I'm not following directions, Mark ;)

You can find the mp3 recording at www.soundclick.com/beanfield_castle

ttfn,
Sherry
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Beanfield WInter
Beanfield Winter (Celtic snow).not (25.7 k)</td></tr></table></center>