Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Senior User

Default lyrics

I am wanting to include chord names in the lyric line of a song and I have noticed that when a lyric(no spaces) is longer than about 12 characters it wont show up in Composer when the music is imported as a midi file. In fact if you create a long lyric syllable with no spaces in composer it shows up OK; but if you export the music as a midi file and then reload it, the lyric disappears. I tried the same experiment saving as a .not file and the reloaded file has no problems... any long lyrics show up OK. I also notice that when long lyrics are imported from a midi file, although the long lyric does not show up, it is there somehow; copying the lyrics to the clipboard and pasting into notapad shows that the long lyric is not lost... it just wont show up. It looks as if composer is not providing sufficient room for a long syllable when it reads a midi file....just a guess. Can you think of a workaround... is there a way to increase the space between individaul notes to create more room for example. Martin