Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Richard Best (richiehotpots)

Default Hi everyone! Could someone

Hi everyone!

Could someone please tell me, step by step, how to record one of my downloaded MIDI files onto an audio CD?
Thanks!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Richard, Composer has no

Hi Richard,

Composer has no .wav export function currently. You need to record to .wav via your sound card.

1. Install an audio editor such as GoldWave or the free Audacity.
2. Set up Line Volume or Stereo Mix for your audio editor.
3. Set the audio editor into record mode and start recording.
4. Start playback in Composer.

Make sure you never go above 0 dB on your level meters, but keep the volume peak readings just under 0 dB.

Once your .wav file is right, burn it to CD.

Best Wishes,

Herbert
Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Alex Shields (alexshields)

Default Personally, I use AudioRecordW

Personally, I use AudioRecordWizard for my sound recording operations. There are an enormous number of other applications that do the same.

http://www.nowsmart.com/
Old 10-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Alex, ..., Windows XP co

Hi Alex, ...,

Windows XP comes with a Sound Recorder found under Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment. Audacity is a very versatile, high quality audio editor at no cost at all and a better choice.

The problem with this method of recording is that digital sound is send through the quality limiting DA and again AD conversion process of the soundcard to end up with a digital file for burning to CD or other processing.

Composer does not have a .wav export function yet, but hopefully will have one in the near future.

To overcome the recording limitations and preserve audio quality, I export the .not file in composer to .mid. The .mid file is imported into a sequencer with a .wav export function.

Best wishes,

Herbert
Old 10-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Herbert, Alex, Richard a

Hello Herbert, Alex, Richard and All,

Notation Composer 3.0 will have a Save as Wave/MP3 function. It's already working. But there are a bunch of other development tasks that need to be wrapped up hopefully in the next few months before 3.0 will be available as a beta release.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 10-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Mark, Fantastic! Will th

Hi Mark,

Fantastic! Will there be 16 and 24 bit resolution options and various sample rates including 96 KHz.

Best wishes,

Herbert