Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Old 09-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Kazuki

Default Issues for printing

I realize you can print out sheet music using this program. However I do not have a printer hooked up to this current computer. Is there a way to save the file as a PDF or other format for me to be able to send it to another computer and print it off there? It can be less complicated but this is the situation. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Issues for printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
I realize you can print out sheet music using this program. However I do not have a printer hooked up to this current computer. Is there a way to save the file as a PDF or other format for me to be able to send it to another computer and print it off there? It can be less complicated but this is the situation. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi Kazuki,

I installed Primo PDF. Once installed and you click print in an application, such as Composer, you choose Primo as your printer. It will print your piece to a PDF file, and then you can do with it whatever one can do with a PDF file. The URL is www.primopdf.com .

There are other similar programs, but I have forgot any of their names, since I've been using Primo for so long.

Hope this helps,
mgj
Old 09-20-2009, 02:36 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Issues for printing

Hi, all:

PrimoPDF works very well. There's also PDF4U, which I don't have a URL for. But I usually use PrimoPDF.

You have to work with it a bit to get the settings right for your system, but then it's very good.

David