Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Active User

Default Copy-cut-paste stops working

Composer 3.0.6: After some variable time (5 to 60 minutes, occasionally longer), Copy, cut, and paste stops working in Composer 3.0.6. It seems to be related to how often I actually use these functions but I am unsure of that. I've hit the escape key several times to assure I am not in some incompatible mode ( I think that assures it anyway). I use control+drage to select regions to copy-paste with adequate region size to paste into. At first, I could use the edit menu for these functions for a while when the shortcuts stopped working but not lately. Closing the file and the program and restarting always restores these functions. I had to do this 6 times yesterday. I do not have this problem in other programs (like MS Word). I had closed all other running programs and my computer has 16 GB RAM. Is this a known issue and is there any solution?
Old 03-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Copy-cut-paste stops working

Hi,

I suspect that this is a memory management issue. Composer is a 32 bit program, which means that it doesn't use the entire memory that you have on your machine. It is also designed to hold as many "undo" command levels as possible. However, if you're doing a lot of heavy editing, this may cause some of the issues you're seeing. Please try periodically using the Edit/Clear Undo History command to free up memory, and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then we definitely want to follow up with you.

ttfn,
Sherry