Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Yamaha KX 49 & Composer problem

Hi Sherry,
Woe increases along with entropy. Maybe trying to solve a problem with Composer might help.
Using 'add bank' Synth A and B (and Maple 1, too, now) show these banks: Merlin Creative Ed.sf2 / MC Bank 1 / Mc Bank 2 / MC Bank 3 / MC bank 4. These four banks have instruments from other sound font banks, added with SF Librarian. And also General Midi is there. I have made Merlin Creative Ed.sf2 the default bank for the 2 Synths and Maple 1.

The problem is that although I might specify the ZFS Clarinet in MC Bank 3, patch 72 (if I recall correctly), and have all staves set for Merlin Creative Ed.sf2, the clarinet reverts to the GM one. When I open staff setup or use the icon on the left, general midi is listed as the bank.

I tried just typing in the name of Timp and Cymbals, which I have patch 120 set to in Merlin Creative Ed.sf2 into the same slot in GM, and I got one of the drum banks.

I am afraid to try this, but what would be the result of marking General Midi, then using copy from another bank (Merlin Creative Ed.sf2) and copying Synth A's patches and names? Alternatively, is it possible to just get General Midi out of the list of banks? The numbers of the two are almost the same, something like (000.000d) with an asterisk next to the Merlin bank.

If I knew where to find the GM bank Composer is using, I could perhaps, also, open it and Merlin in Sound font Librarian, to delete each GM patch and drag the Merlin one over, then add the other 4 banks to General midi.

In any case I'd have to save the "new" General midi to a location where I could get at it from Synthfont, too.

The easiest thing, now that the synths, Maple 1, and Synthfont all have Merlin Creative Ed.sf2, would be deleting General Midi, leaving only Merlin CE.sf2 and it's four extra banks. But I'm afraid to try that, mostly because Composer wants to revert to it, as earlier versions didn't. If I set up a staff with Bank 3, clicked on ZFS clarinet, that's what would play.

I have the input and outports set up as you illustrate above. Synthfont does play as I work in Composer.

Feeling really dumber by the day.

All best,
mgj