Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2009, 02:40 AM
chtxdrgn

Default Downloading Problem

I use "Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus", last updated today and I'm running on Windows XP. I don't think it matters, but just in case, I use the Google Chrome browser.

---

Subject: Downloading the software prompts my Anitvirus to tell me i'm downloading a trojan.

1. Have the said antivirus program installed

2. Try downloading the bought software (using the link you get in your email after you purchase Notation Composer)

3. Antivirus claims that I'm downloading a Virus called 'TR/Dropper.Gen [trojan]' which is located in the temporary directory: 'C:\Documents and Settings\UserLogin\Local Settings\Temp\235.tmp'

---

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this (should I run over to my antivirus company's forums?). I decided to download it anyway, after I reproduced it twice. Here is the picture of the error message I got and the action I performed after being notified:

Last edited by chtxdrgn; 11-30-2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Added a pic of the notification I got.