Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Matt S (matthewschwartz)

Default Essentially this is a short to

Essentially this is a short tone poem reflective of the emotional warmth of the winter season. Winter is by far my favorite season, and the sugary-sweet melodies and harmonies of this piece reflect that affection.

This is the final version of a long line of renditions that spans almost my entire orchestral compositional history:

- The main "A" section started out as an unfinished and much simplified solo piano piece, and the minor-key "B" section started out as a short étude for solo classical guitar. [late 2006]

- For my end-of-the-year project in my twelfth-grade AP Music Theory class, I arranged and further developed the two sections into a single movement for string quartet. Unfortunately, the "class premiere" went awfully, because they didn't rehearse it enough (only once or twice!), and I was so embarrassed that I never want to see the teacher again. >_< [early-to-mid June 2007]

- After the class ended, I orchestrated it more interestingly, and this is the version you'll hear now. [late June 2007]

Scored for:
- Celesta
- Violin 1 section
- Violin 2 section
- Viola section
- Cello section
- Soprano section
- Alto section
- Tenor section
- Bass section
- Harp
- Harpsichord
- Contrabassoon

Well, here's the actual music:

Snegurochka Overture in F major - Adagio e dolce

Thanks for checking this out. I look forward to receiving your feedback/comments/criticism.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Score: Snegurochka Overture in F major - Adagio e dolce
Snegurochka Overture in F major – Adagio e dolce.pdf (168.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>