Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2007, 05:20 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default This piece, which I started sk

This piece, which I started sketching for three years ago, has fought me every note of the way since I started actually working on it. My concentration tends to falter easily of late, so it has usually won. I think the first movement is completed, though not finished, even as far as instrumentation goes--the triangle gets about four dings yet. But I am going to put the movement away for a while, after making a condensation to get under the Soundclick 10MB limit.

The second movement is still in the idea stage. It is short enough I can send the .not file. The solo violin hasn't really made an appearance yet and won't until the thematic material is all stated. The second theme harks back to the three 16ths followed by an 8th and two quarter notes that is used for accompaniment in the first movement. It will be the main theme of the third movement, which is even idea only that far, at this point.

In the midi version, the timpani and bass drum tend to be too loud, as do some of the instruments that are supposed to be accompaniment. I find I have to turn my volume down radically when I have set the device to MS Wavetable.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>violin I
Violin Concerto I EDIT GM.mid (92.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td>violin II
Violin Concerto II IDEA.not (70.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>