Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Active User

Default First Notation software run stalls on file load on Windows 7 Professions

I am having the same problem reported earlier in the thread entitled "First Notation software run stalls on file load" on my new Dell Inspiron 660 running an OEM install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

That is, the first time I attempt to open a Composer file after booting my PC the program stalls. Here is a more complete bug report (borrowing from the earlier bug report):

1. Notation Composer 2.6.3 installed on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and rebooted.

2. I started Composer and tried to open a file using File/Open or by choosing one from the recent files in the open page, or by double-clicking a .not or .mid file.

3. Composer reports "Engraving the score..." and hangs. The only way to terminate Composer is by ending the process in Windows Task Manager.

4. I repeat step 2 and all works fine, with the file opening immediately using any method.

One difference from the earlier report is that I have no pcmmediasharing process running, so I cannot disable it in msconfig.

This is just an annoyance, but it would be nice to fix it if possible.

Thanks.