Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Matt Gruen

Default Hello everyone! I'm kind o

Hello everyone! I'm kind of new here. I just downloaded the Composer demo 10 days ago, and I'm having so much fun with it. I'm starting to write about 4 songs at once (which may or may not be a good idea) and this one is the first one I've finished. It is also the only song I'm working on that someone else composed.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Super Mario Brothers: Main Theme
mario.not (48.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

It's not original, and in fact you can get the sheet music at http://gprime.net/images/mariopiano/. I guess it fits under alternative, although only in nature and not in style.

Matt Gruen
14 years old, 9th grade
Old 06-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Matt, Good job!!! In

Hello Matt,

Good job!!! In 10 days you have learned a tremendous amount about using Composer. I'm particularly impressed that you've already mastered the Score / Repeat Instructions command.

My youngest son is 14 years old also. I'm amazed how you guys learn to use software so quickly. Sometimes I have to do graphics, and I always have to go to David to teach me how to use this or that feature in Photoshop. He just learns it all on his own. And he never reads a manual :-)

I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing what you've written.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 06-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Matt, I'm impress

Howdy Matt,

I'm impressed! You've done a great job with this piece!

I'm also anxious to hear some of your compositions. It's wonderful that you're enjoying making music - keep up the good work!

ttfn,
Sherry

Old 06-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Matt, Great job! quote..

Hi Matt, Great job!

quote....I'm starting to write about 4 songs at once (which may or may not be a good idea)

Hey, if you can write 4 songs at once, go for it! It doesn't look like you're having any problems putting them together. Keep it up!

Fred
Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Matt Gruen (mattgruen)

Default Thanks for all the encourageme

Thanks for all the encouragement guys! I truly appreciate it. I'll just keep on writing music!

Oh, and by the way, currently I have a keyboard, but in spite of this, I do not have MIDI ports on my computer. I do have such ports on my keyboard, however. How did all of you people hook your computer up to your keyboards? Just wondering. Thank you in advance.

Matt

Old 06-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Matt, Definitely keep

Howdy Matt,

Definitely keep on writing your music

As for hooking up your midi keyboard, it's usually pretty easy to do. Part of it depends on what kind of connections you have on your computer and the midi connections on your keyboard. If the keyboard has the typical "midi cable" connectors ("pseudo circle" of holes for pin connectors), then you'll need some sort of midi to either 1) USB (if you have that type of connections) or 2) joystick port on your sound card.

Or, if your keyboard has a USB connection, and if your computer does, too, then all you need is a USB cable.

Since you're using Composer, you can look in the User's Guide and use the Index, and type in "midi cable". Double click on the highlighted topic, and there is a section that explains exactly how to do this.

After you have it hooked up, you can then use your midi keyboard to record directly into Composer, and have sheet music pop up before your eyes So it's a really cool improv tool, as you can diddle away, and then have the exact same performance play back for you. And of course you can edit it to make it even better, or layer instruments (such as Mark did for his "Space Adventure" piece) and all kinds of fun things.

Have fun!
ttfn,
Sherry