Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
fr4209fr@yahoo.com

Default Accidentals With Grace Notes

Hi, ya'll -
I noticed Sherry's post about changing dotted notes from slurs to having a dot. The solution is in a video with MP4 format. I tried 3 different programs to play this (most notably Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer) but they will not work. (As Sherry knows) I have a fairly new Vista computer with an i7 chipset. I think that the computer should probably have the drivers to play this, but it won't play. So I still don't know how to make the change.

Anyway, a new question. Since the closest think I have found to making a proper appogiatura is a grace note without a slash, I was wondering how to add accidentals associated with the grace note? There are no options with the grace note tab to select accidentals, and when you go to the Notes tab (where the accidental selections are located) it will not add it to the grace note, just the main note (where it doesn't belong). Also, when selecting the Grace Note tab at the very top, the Pitch doesn't change the note (when it is pressed), and when Accidental is selected, everything is greyed out, so no selection can be make.

Ideas?
Thanx.
Frank

Last edited by fr4209fr@yahoo.com; 01-28-2010 at 06:06 PM.