Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Vartan

Question MIDI Infinite Loop - any way to "lock" default input?

Hello there!

I'm having trouble recording into Notation Composer.

Before my old, Windows Vista x86, computer broke, I used Maple MIDI Tools to give me virtual MIDI ports to connect Composer to various VSTs I would start up in Plogue Bidule. Recording was done through a MIDI-to-USB module that hooked up my keyboard controller to my PC.

Now that I have a new computer with Windows 7 RTM x64, I had to find an alternative as Maple MIDI Tools doesn't have a 64-bit version out yet. So, I installed LoopBe30 (nerds.de is their site). I'm still using the same procedure for keyboard input, however.

However, I am now running into problems recording. When I start recording into Composer, as soon as I hit a note, it plays back on the LoopBe30 virtual MIDI cable (as it should), but then Composer detects data coming through the port and switches the default input device to that "cable" and starts an infinite loop. Luckily, LoopBe30 automatically then "mutes" the port so as to stop this loop.

The difference between Maple MIDI Tools and LoopBe30 as I used them was that Maple MIDI Tools created a separate section in Composer's MIDI Device Configuration dialog for each in port and out port, whereas LoopBe30 has a section for each In/Out port (together).

I tried changing the properties for the LoopBe30 devices, and deselected "Echo MIDI input to output" and "Is MIDI input device", but the problem still happens.

Is there any way to lock the input to my MIDI-to-USB cable's port and stop Composer from switching to LoopBe30 for recording?

Thanks!