Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Active User

Default Yamaha KX 49 & Composer problem

I have terrible latency problems when using my KX 49 with Composer, It works fine with Cubase.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Thorben
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Yamaha KX 49 & Composer problem

Hi Thorben,

It's probably an ASIO issue. The GS Wavetable interferes with ASIO routing. Please try the following:

1. In Notation Composer, go to Setup/MIDI Device Configuration (not the "quick" one)
2. Go to Port/Select Ports, and in the right hand panel, uncheck GS Wavetable. Click "Ok" to save the changes.

Now restart Composer/Musician. Hopefully the above steps will take care of the problem. If not, we'll need to dig a bit deeper.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi Thorben,

It's probably an ASIO issue. The GS Wavetable interferes with ASIO routing. Please try the following:

1. In Notation Composer, go to Setup/MIDI Device Configuration (not the "quick" one)
2. Go to Port/Select Ports, and in the right hand panel, uncheck GS Wavetable. Click "Ok" to save the changes.

Now restart Composer/Musician. Hopefully the above steps will take care of the problem. If not, we'll need to dig a bit deeper.

ttfn,
Sherry
I tried that, but then I get no sound at all.

Regards
Thorben
Old 08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Product Manager

Hi Thorben,

Do you typically use the KX 49 as your sound source? It sounds like (no pun intended) it's not set as the default MIDI Playback Device (yet!)

To set it as the playback device, (1) in Composer, go to Settings/MIDI Device Quick setup, and then (2) choose it from the drop list for MIDI Playback Device.

That should set your keyboard as the sound source, and avoid the GS Wavetable/ASIO issue.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 08-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi Thorben,

Do you typically use the KX 49 as your sound source? It sounds like (no pun intended) it's not set as the default MIDI Playback Device (yet!)

To set it as the playback device, (1) in Composer, go to Settings/MIDI Device Quick setup, and then (2) choose it from the drop list for MIDI Playback Device.

That should set your keyboard as the sound source, and avoid the GS Wavetable/ASIO issue.

ttfn,
Sherry
Dear Sherry,

The KX 49 is a "dumb" keyboard, it can only be used as input to Composer.

I'm using the Yamaha USB driver that came with the keyboard.

Regards
Thorben
Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Product Manager

Hi Thorben,

Ah, I use MIDI controllers, too, and so have to use a different "soft" device for my playback device.

What device do you use in Cubase? If it's a stand-alone synth (either an external unit or some sound library or such), then you should be able to use it as the MIDI Playback Device with Composer as well (eg. Roland VSC or such).

If you don't have one (I haven't used Cubase), then I can recommend SynthFont (www.synthfont.com) as an alternative to look at. You'd need to use a virtual MIDI cable, which you can find info about at this thread.

ttfn,
Sherry