Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Senior User

Default The Search for Nelly Gray, VIII Scherzo

I have put this on Soundclick, but have included the .not or midi file because most soundfonts don't include Real Voice, so the soloists would sound, well, like the Synthvoice font sounds, and the Tam tam would be just a click.

The link is www.soundclick.com/mgjacobs . It is listed as Symphony 3/Nelly Gray/Section VIII, etc. I tried changing just the title of one piece on SC and found that I had to upload the music again and re-do lyrics. So my filing error remains.

The Civil War did not prevent the composition of humorous music, some dealing in some way with the war and some not. I have chosen three pieces for this section that deal with the war. The first two with difficulties both sides experienced with supply lines, and the third a fanciful song by H C Work, that is probably full of symbolism, if anybody likes to probe such things. It contains humor, but turns sentimental at the end when soldier and pet return home where all should end happily.

The answer to a question that one person has already asked is: goober peas are simply peanuts, picked too early to be roasted and put into the cans you find in stores, but eaten raw or boiled in a "green" state.

I'm not sure whether this sounds better than horse feed, or not. But both of the songs about hunger suggest something about the power of music, not to produce ham and eggs, but to provide a distraction from the empty stomach.

all best,
mgj

Last edited by Sherry C; 11-30-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: to correct the soundclick link