Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2021, 12:53 PM
Active User

Smile Re: Ferrofish B4000+

Hallo, David.

Let's convene a men's shed for a moment.......My equivalent formulation is that I am continually striving for tones that 'my wife won't blench at'...!

The B4000+ is at the cheap end of its particular market, I think, and it's not perfect. But the more I get to know it, the more I suspect that a lot of the negative comment which I too have seen on a couple of forums in particular is either actually second-hand, or from people who haven't been prepared to put in the hard yards.

Probably the thing I'm finding most difficult to manage/suit is the actual amplification and speaking. In the nature of things, one tends to want to use some sounds that in terms of pitch and harmonic are fairly demanding of whatever you speak it through. I suspect that if I could take it into a public performance space and play it out through the house PA, the sound might be rather splendid.

3 Hammonds in one house ! Do you have mates round to play trios !

Regards

Ian G