Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Active User

Default New User Cannot Install

i purchased this software and received the download link about 1 hr ago. I downloaded the exe file and then runs it. At some point it stops and asks me to "Insert disk labeled #1..." I dont have a disk...I just downloaded the using the link...

How do i fix this, or did i make another bad Internet purchase???
Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: New User Cannot Install

Hi,

We've seen this problem occasionally when someone puts the installation file on to a memory stick and tries to install from there. The installation program for the software (which is third-party) for some reason does not like doing that in some configurations. The solution is to copy the installation file to your hard drive and run the installation from there.

If the above doesn't work, please let me know either here or at our helpdesk at support@notation.com

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Active User

Hi Sherry...

In your email to me you suggested to try re-deownloading. It worked. I guess there was something wrong with the first download. I deleted the first downloaded file and installed it from the second downloaded file.

Thanks!
TriTonez
Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa

Hi, TriTonez:

Glad you got Composer sorted out. Sorry you had a problem with it off the top.

Just to let you know, it's a great piece of software with great support from Sherry. I'm sure you'll find it very useful.

Best of luck.

David
Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Active User

Hi David...

Your absolutely right. I do think its a great piece of software. I downloaded the trail version of it and used it for about a week. After that i just HAD to buy the full version. Just from the little bit that i used it for, it was GREAT! I am the music director in our church and teach music as well. This tool has just enhanced student experience and Church Services so much more.

As for the service from Sherry...Yep i agree. Great Service. She was available and responded within 2 hours. My problem was sorted out and tonight (and probably every night) its just me, my keyboard and my PC.

I've had bad experiences before with Internet purchases. Feels good to know there are still good people out there in cyberspace!

Thanks!
From Cape Town (South Africa)
T