Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
grannyemm

Default embedding Notation Composer XML into HTML

If anybody has successfully displayed Notation Composer XML output in a web page, please give me a link so I can see how you did it. I'd rather use that code than PDFs because it would save a lot of bandwidth. Thanks
Old 10-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Senior User

Default Re: embedding Notation Composer XML into HTML

Why don't you simply use Notation Player for score display?

I think XML format is more meant to exchange data between different applications but having a viewer to embed in html would be indeed interesting. I'll let you know if I find anything like that.

I can only tell that I have tried importing XML into a freeware score editor called "MuseScore" pre-release version and it basically seemed to work. However XML can always lead to a certain loss of detail too.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:19 PM
grannyemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotationUser View Post
Why don't you simply use Notation Player for score display?

I think XML format is more meant to exchange data between different applications but having a viewer to embed in html would be indeed interesting. I'll let you know if I find anything like that.

I can only tell that I have tried importing XML into a freeware score editor called "MuseScore" pre-release version and it basically seemed to work. However XML can always lead to a certain loss of detail too.
Thanks. I'll think about those suggestions. My actual goal is to create pages of transposable music for the web without having to buy a $600.00 program. XML seems to be the language sites are using for that.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Senior User

Cool Re: embedding Notation Composer XML into HTML

Hi again.

Your question was somewhat tempting so I did some further research.

MusicXML was initiated by "Recordare" http://www.recordare.com/musicxml/community/software and you'll find some information about musicXML supporting software there. Some more links could be found here: http://www.econcertband.com/software.html

I've also found a free MusicXML viewer written in Java by Richard Boulderstone http://sites.google.com/site/richardboulderstone/home This might be interesting as he could probably create a Java applet from the Java application too that could be used in web pages. I've sent a mail request to R.B. to find out more.

Let's see if we find a solution... ...600 bucks sounds really like a lot!...

Last edited by NotationUser; 10-29-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: link added
Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 PM
grannyemm

Thank you so very much. I would appreciate any help finding this information. Can't do it this minute, but will put up a demo of the project that needs the transposing to help you visualize what I need to do. The $600 program is Sibelius, which is a beautiful program, but way more power than I could ever use.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior User

Cool Re: embedding Notation Composer XML into HTML

I hope for any answer from the developer of this free viewer. It's worth a try but I have no clue how much time an answer will take...

Anyway I agree that getting Sibelius just for viewing is a bit over the top.

I don't know if you are a proficient html developer - but as I am not I have googled how to basically embed an Java applet into html considering several browsers and platforms as well as deployment of that applet as prerequisite in case we can get our hands on a MusicXML viewer applet. http://download.oracle.com/javase/1....sing_tags.html

Last edited by NotationUser; 10-29-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: link added