Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
brukent

Default Composer crashes when editing lyrics

Hi: I just finished my 30 day trial of composer and am almost ready to buy. But I have two problems which I hope do not exist in the paid-for version.

I started running NC on a MACBOOK running parallels. When I had problems, I switched to full pc mode using boot camp. Still had problems.

I imported a four part midi file ok and added lyrics both by typing and by pasting from a text file. But when I try to edit the lyrics eg shift right or insert, it works once or twice then crashes. After hours of fiddling I found I had to edit the text file (word or other) then paste the whole lyric in again.

The other issue is that in choral work we often tie together 2 or more notes that are different (slur) I get the message :cannot tie different notes".

Finally I cannot find the pause symbol. (half circle with dot)

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by brukent; 01-23-2010 at 10:44 AM.