Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Dr Peter Kalve

Default Thanks for the reply, Mark - m

Thanks for the reply, Mark - much appreciated, as was the fact you didn't comment on the fact that my "two further improvements" became four without warning!! Well as you saw from my pieces I submitted, MidiNotate can already do a lot and that is good.

point 1 - yes - I was thinking of serial "atonality", where the notes are very strictly ordered and need to be notated reasonably strictly, but I will have a go - maybe it is just me doing something wrong!

point 2) - 5-tuplets are available, and I forgot that - apologies! But glad to see that more will be becoming available in new editions of MN

point 3) - good to see plans are in motion on this. Yes - beaming would be one way to make empasis on this - Schumann and Mendelssohn are good examples of 19th century composers who used this extensively in their keyboard music

point 4) yes indeed - just a vocab facility to speed that part of the "dotting the Is and crossing the Ts" that we all get fed up doing!

Obviously Sib and Fin are very sophisticated tools, but MN was never intended to be that. I had a lot of fun using MN to see what I could do with it, and on the whole, I am reasonably impressed, so well done!

---Peter