Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default I'm not posting the flute

I'm not posting the flute sonata here, mostly because the GM flute has no vibrato. It can be found at: www.soundclick.com/mgjacobs . It is the first three selections on the page. If "play all in one go" is selected, the movement will play in sequence, without having to click again.

The piece is classical in form, a short (very short) song sandwiched between two more than less sonata allegros. The first movement needs, I think, work on the first theme, though perhaps not so much its development. The second movement, while I intended from the outset that it be short, it may have too much of that property, and I haven't yet any ideas suggesting what I might do about it. For the third movement, instead of working out original themes, I looked for a couple of lively folk songs, and I settled on two Irish sea songs--"The Holy Ground," and "The Irish Rover." I was tickled that working on them in the development section yielded some interesting and tuneful variations.

It is intended for advanced, though not necessarily virtuoso players.