Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, Fred, just listening

Howdy,

Fred, just listening to the bass line in the first half of the song at tempo in the "Cherokee" piece made my fingers sore What a great arrangement! And yes, I did crank it up!

Given the horn section that he has, this next installment is going to seem really lame. But you guys have to remember, I've never taken an honest to goodness music lesson in my life, my only brass instrument is a pennywhistle, and I couldn't even read music notation at all til I was 34 years old "Excuses, excuses" you say - and you're right ;)

I beefed up the brass section a little bit, and I messed around with adding an organ part, but decided not to do it for now, because I wanted to keep the rhythm part out front for the kids to be able to follow for practicing. So, here's the next iteration:

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Funky Disciple more brass
DiscipleRap brass work 2.not (209.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>Funky Disciple more brass MIDI
DiscipleRap brass work 2.mid (20.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I'd love to have some of you guys mess around with it and add (or take out) as you see fit, and see what we come up with. I did get the practice CD made for the kids, but the "real" performance won't be for another month or so, so if you guys (and this means anybody!) have some changes to make, I can include them in the "final" version. The kids should be solid enough with the practice version to have all kinds of goodies thrown in to the "performance track" version

ttfn,
Sherry