Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Senior User

Default Re: Changing tempo for whole song

Sherry

Thanks for your excellent response. I hope I am gradually learning what I need to know. MY current main use of Composer is to put in vocal scores (mainly SATB) to be then used as rehearsal aids by the choir with which I sing. Some of them want their files as MIDI whilst others are quite happy to download the Notation Player. In both cases though I need to issue them with a file which has an appropriate tempo - in some cases slower than the performance tempo so they can learn it more easily.

So I am not trying to do anything fancy like varying the tempo within the piece: just set a basic tgempo for the whole piece.

What I was trying was to Select All or Select Region and make sure it had selected all of the piece, and then click on the "Note=xx" and then set the Constant Tempo in the dialog box. It didn't matter how many times I did it, it would not change the value!

In the end I found the only way to change the tempo for this song was to use the percentage adjustment on the toolbar and then immediately select Perform - Keep Adjusted Tempo. The problem I find doing it this way is that it is very difficult to set a precise value. So at the moment I was trying to change 120 to 106 but the nearest I could set was either 105 or 107. Near enough but it would be good to be able to set the value I wanted.

Equally puzzling was that having set a new value by this method in one song, it applied it to another peice that I also had open. Would you expect this?

So I think I have achieved what I wanted to do, but by a rather circuitous route. I am attaching the file in case it was something I had somehow included.

Last edited by Tim Mariott; 01-31-2012 at 07:20 PM.