Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM
John Smith (johnsmi)

<center><table border=1><tr><td>short study for piano
study.not (65.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 02-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default What a happy little number, it

What a happy little number, it made me think of Olde England because I remember as a child at school we danced around the Maypole to a similar rhythm being played by a man on the flute and another on concertina, that was in Cornwall SW England. 'round about 1935.
Are we going to have more in the same vein??? I'd like that!

Have a Good one....TTYL.....Derek.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy John, I just got the

Howdy John,

I just got the opportunity to listen, and it is a happy number
Since it says "study", and I see that there are some performance markings, was this written as a lesson piece for someone? It would make a fun lesson for learning those kinds of performance techniques

I see that you've got it set for GPO - any chance of posting the .gpo or .studio file to go with it, so I'd get the same settings as you? I found a new GM soundfont that I've been trying out and like. It's called "Taiji gm", but as nice as it is, GPO is even better.

My daughter has started taking piano lessons, and while she won't be ready to play anything like this for a while, she'll love hearing it I'm sure, and will probably want me to print out the sheet music for it so she can try parts of it. I'm with Derek - I'd love to hear more

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM
John Smith (johnsmi)

Default Hello Derek and Sherry, I'

Hello Derek and Sherry,
I'm so glad you enjoyed that little piece.
My composing time is so ad hoc Derek I don't know what's happening next myself - but it is very encouraging that you (both) liked it.

Yes Sherry, I called in Study and had intended that when I started out - a study in staccato playing. I think it is tricky to play at speed because much melody and harmony use repeated notes (quite difficult for a new learner I think - but no reason it can't be played much slower of course).

Thanks again,
Regards
-John

Sherry, the GPO setting is just to load the Steinway piano (wet) and both staffs set to channel 1.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Derek Sanders (derek_sanders)

Default Good Morning John......Certain

Good Morning John......Certainly this piece would need to be slowed down considerably whilst learning it, personally the Bass part would be my greatest hurdle, it is many years since I played classical music and, I'm sorry to say, my left hand was never my strong suit, along with many other pianists I suspect. I still have a book of 25 studies by Burgmuller and sometimes, when I come across it I'll sit down and go through it again, I always enjoy them, your little study reminds me of them, but yours is technically more difficult. Do you mind if I play around with it a little?

Have a Good one......TTYL....Derek.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:25 PM
John Smith (johnsmi)

Default Hi Derek, Yes as simple looki

Hi Derek,
Yes as simple looking as it it, it would be a challenge to play at the correct tempo. If you wish to experiment with it that's fine with me.
Regards
-John
Old 03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Ben D'Annibale (the1nonlybenji)

Default it's a good melody. it re

it's a good melody. it reminds me of the Waldstein sonata by beethoven
Old 03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello John, Ben's post

Hello John,

Ben's post reminded me... A few weeks ago I printed out your Study and practiced it several times on the piano. I can pretty much keep up the tempo, but I miss a few notes here and there. What particularly caught my interest was the contrast of a stable harmony followed by an adventurous, quick chord progression. Sort of as though Scarlatti was fooling around beyond the edges of the harmonies of his times.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
John Smith (johnsmi)

Default Hi Ben, Mark, Thanks for your

Hi Ben, Mark,
Thanks for your comments, very much appreciated.
Yes for all its modest scale it is a challenge to play at tempo I think - especially because of the repeated notes/chords
Cheers,
-John