Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2017, 12:17 AM

Default Sound Events

Several years ago, you helped me with a situation where I wanted a repeated section to sound only the second time through (2x only). I recall it had something to do with sound being off the first time a note was played, but subsequent notes turned the sound on so that the second time through, the "sound off" notes played. From a notation standpoint, this would be cleaner than having the repeat start in measure 2, with a copy of measure 1 at the end of the first ending -- at least to my way of thinking.

In the attached snippet, the first note in measure 1 is the note I want silenced the first time through, then the sound gets turned on for beat 2 and beyond. I have used "Graph Over Notes" to do this, setting the volume of the first note to 1. Then, the second note is normal volume. This obviously is not the way I did this before, as it doesn't work, and I can't locate the file where I did something similar back then.

I have not gotten into "on and off" events, so I really don't know where I am going here. Any help?

Ralph Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Make The World Go Away.not (13.4 KB, 5 views)