Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2002, 02:23 AM
Dan Culbertson

Default Love it! I can open a midi-Ka

Love it! I can open a midi-Karaoke file and MidiNotate will create sing along sheet music that scrolls across the screen while it plays. Beats the heck out of trying to sing along to a bouncing ball over a line of text. MidiNotate will even generate the chords for you provided there are enough notes in the file for it to interpret a chord. But I like it best for creating printed sheet music for files I've edited for pitch and instruments. Then I can either play the files through my keyboard (better sound than my computer sound card) and watch the printed text for the words and melody or watch the scolling music on the monitor (actually I have the monitor mirrored on a 36 inch TV for those real party nights).

One neat thing I've done is tune the file pitch to my voice then save it as a .mid file. Then I convert that .mid file to a .wav file with QuickTime Pro and record it to a CD. That way I can sing karaoke on my way to work every morning in the car. But it is a good idea to memorize the words first rather than try to read them and drive simultaneously.

I even put MidiNotate on my laptop a few weeks ago and thought I'd make a few friends by doing karaoke on the jet to Washinton DC. But I found that is not a recommended practise... business people just have no sense of fun!