Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Active User

Default Opera with notation composer! Really!

I know I haven't been in for a long time--partly private disasters, but partly this:

http://www.saopera.sa.gov.au/backsta...an-operas.html
"
Finally, in November 2014, State Opera will workshop and present two scenes from a new concert/theatre work based on South Australian aboriginal mythology – with the working title Ngurunderi – Opera on the Lake.With music and text by Tim Fatchen, this work draws upon the mythology surrounding the mouth of the River Murray and the lower lakes and Coorong region.
This work is being developed in collaboration with the Ngurrundjeri people of the lower Murray River and will be presented in sections over the next four to five years, with the eventual aim of a complete performance on the River Murray in 2018/2019. This project involves both indigenous and non-indigenous performers and features original music for orchestra, chorus and soloists."

I should live so long. This had its genesis back in 2009, in Fifty Songs in Ninety Days. So it'll be nearly a decade to completion. It's serious stuff, the eventual production cost won't leave much change out of $1m, going by what opera productions run to. And...it's been Notation Composer from start to finish. Seriously; you too can score just about anything with Notation Composer. There's very little it can't do!

I wish Mark and a couple of the old stagers were still around to

see this happen.

Tim Fatchen