Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2016, 04:07 PM
Active User

Default Re: Transcribing solo paino recordings

I was a supplier to the speech recognition industry back in the 80's. Yes a **** of a lot more $ was put into that, and for decades longer. It also has a contextual / meaning challenge. Another brutal problem to overcome - which they've done.

So you're saying for clean, solo instrument solo's Melodyne is very good and reproduces notation accurately? These kind of solos are exactly what I need.

Usually CHORDS IN THE RIGHT HAND ARE NOT PRESENT in these solos. Does this help the output accuracy? [I use the solos to find the right notes and lines so I can improvise better, esp in keys I struggle with. I could learn some solos on my own. But I'm not 25 yrs old anymore. Time has much greater value today].

Melodyne is $99. Small change for me, if it works. Can't think of any accessory features needed. So the upper end packages not needed.