Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Mountain King Swing - in progress

Hi Sherry,

You get a delayed response from me due to travel commitments, but I finally got a chance to listen tonight. First, I have to say, Clarice (my Clavinova) did not like the percussion parts, so in order to hear your piece properly, I had to listen on my GM PC. Clarice just doesn't like GM drums. I think I told you back in my early Composer days that my drum parts from the Clavinova sounded like a bad violin on General Midi.

You've done a good job. I would like to hear it played by the band, as I think they will convey your swing feel better. The interplay and the mixing of horn colors is very good throughout, but your chart really gets going after measure 145 -- a very nice change in momentum, even though there is no accelerando, it feels like there is.

I find your separate drums score very interesting. Thanks for planting the seeds of how to better handle repetitive percussion parts.

Thank you for sharing. David has a good idea. Would it be difficult to set aside an area original works?

Ralph