Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default Merry Christmas all. I am p

Merry Christmas all.

I am posting here the first movement of my symphony in E minor. It has taken me many months to finish the notation file.

I also want people to hear what the music sounds like through VST instruments - East West's Gold edition, so the link for this music is here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...;content=music

I hope you enjoy my piece, and thanks again to this great software for aiding my creativity.<center><table border=1><tr><td>
new symphony 7 (119.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello Adrian, I listened wi

Hello Adrian,

I listened with pleasure to your first movement on Soundclick. The orchestration was particularly impressive, not so much because you found good VST instruments but, rather, because you wisely mixed the instruments with clear voicing.

The piece reminded me of long expanses of quiet moments in some of Shostakovich's symphonies.

Nice work. I'm pleased that Composer served as a tool in your creativity.

Cheers
-- Mark
Old 01-03-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Thanks for listening. And n

Thanks for listening.

And now, the complete first movement is on two Youtube videos

Part 1:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcdBy...e=channel_page

Part 2:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wT9bON...eature=channel

The video editing was done on Pinnacle, which I'd recommend as the next logical step from Windows Movie Maker.

The filming is (not my own), footage of Scotland and the British Empire in colour - they are scenes that "fit" the mood of the music.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Adrian, Well, I thoug

Howdy Adrian,

Well, I thought I'd posted a response here last week, but I apparently forgot to click "Post"!

I'll confess that I listened to a lot of it while not watching the footage - I often like to just close my eyes as I'm listening to be more attentive, and both parts were well-worth that focus. Your use of instrumentation was well-done, and the momentum of the piece flowed well from that.

Most enjoyable listening!

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Adrian, Kudos. A cornuc

Hi Adrian,

Kudos. A cornucopia of thematic material, with particularly appropriate choices of instrumental voices. I don't know why, but I was quite taken with the waltz like section in 6/8. It makes a perfect fit somehow.

In order to hear it without interruption, I gave the flutes, clarinets, horns, etc. the same channel number, so that there was a unique one left for the timpani. The .not file sounds quite good with the Merlin soundfont collection.

all best,
mgj
Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 AM

Default Thanks for listening Sherry an

Thanks for listening Sherry and M G Jacobs. I must look uo the Merlin Soundfont, and see if it's compatible with my notation composer. So far I have been using the tinny default computer midi sounds before exporting the midi to a sequencer program.

Best wishes

adrian
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM

Default Re: New Symphony Movement 1

Hi Adrian,

I was digging back into the Forum before my time with Notation and came upon this entry. Beautifully done! Very serene and you've chosen your imagery well. I've recently discovered Arnold Bax and I hear much to remind me of his music. The closing section of Part 2 is especially well-written and stirring.

Ralph Rayner