Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Graham Raymond Wilson (grwilson)

Default I am a proud new owner of Midi

I am a proud new owner of MidiNotate Composer...
I have faithfully used Capella (German software I think) (http://www.software-partners.co.uk) This program however costs £84 (about $150) and is hopeless at converting Midi to Notation - I did not realize how hopeless until I got MidiNotate-Composer. Capella asks for 4 different pages of imformation about the midi-file, the shortest note, does it contain triplets, does it contain lyrics etc. etc. and after all that it makes a complete hash of it - often getting one track out of sync with the other.
I like MidiNotate Composer mainly because it just gets on with it. I use it to create backing tracks to play along with on the violin, which I am learning (again!) The program is very flexible and so easy to manipulate. A good example is the 'track setup' window - All the info's there and it's easy to edit. Entering notes manually is easier as well - I especially like the Sequencial Note Entry - Simple but clever.
Thanks for a great program.

Graham.