Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Senior User

Default Cannot set First Measure Number to zero

In Notation Composer 2.6 I could set the First Measure Number to Zero - but in Notation Composer 3 the First Measure Number has to be greater than Zero.

This is a pain becuase in some of the choral scores that I enter there is a pick-up measure which the publisher has effectively marked as Measure 0. The result now is that the measure numbers in my Notation 3 scores for such pieces are one more than the measure number printed in the original score, which is confusing to my choir members.

Can you tell me if my understanding is correct and, if so, is this a deliberate change intended to address a different requrement?

I have also tried opening a Notation Composer 2.6 file with the first measure set to Zero in Notation Composer 3. The file opens and plays and I can navigate to measure number 0 with the "qgm" command, but if I go to the Measure Numbers command it gives me an error message saying that the first measure must be greater than zero.

I haven't investigated if this might also cause a problem trying to open a First Measure Zero file in Notation Reader 3: this would be an additional problem for me.

Thanks
Tim