Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2014, 03:23 PM

Default Release Me Duet

"Release Me" was written in 1946 by Eddie Miller, Robert Yount, and Dub Williams and was made popular in 1967 by singer Engelbert Humperdinck. It topped the UK charts for six weeks.

This is more or less a reduction of "Engie's" version. I have used some of the background figures from his arranger. In his version, the key change in measure 24 was from F Major to B Major. This key change really lifts the feel of the song at that point, but in my humble opinion, the change to Bb Major is just as effective for this duet (and a lot easier to read).

Ralph Rayner

Discovered an extraneous repeat symbol in the original posting. Made corrections and reposted. RRR
Attached Files
File Type: not Release Me Duet.not (32.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by rrayner; 08-15-2014 at 08:51 PM.