Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, I've heard of Tr

Howdy,

I've heard of Transkriber (http://www.reedkotlermusic.com/transkriber.htm), but haven't tried it out. Sometimes I use my Creative Player to slow down audio files so I can figure out a lick or part, but the EQ is pretty limited for teasing out various parts. Does anyone have experience with Transkriber or any related utility? If so, what do you think of it, and what features do you find helpful?

Thanks for the info!

ttfn,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry C; 12-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Djim Tio (djimtio)

Default Hi Sherry Good to hear from y

Hi Sherry
Good to hear from you on this awfully quiet forum,everybody just busy minding his own bussiness ,I guess.
I haven´t heard of Transkriber although Reed Kottler is well known to me because of a cute little device (LBR 100 ) which lets you filter out all voices except the bass part ( if you want to),great for copying bass parts in those days.
You may want to check out www.renegademinds.com if you are looking for a free ( donation support )and simple slowing -down machines.
I have tried the Guitar and Drum trainer 2 version which proved to be sufficient for my demands.
Hope this will help you
Keep on grooving ( besides taking care of husband,kids and labs, wallers,constructors.... ).
Cheers
Djim
Old 10-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Djim, Thanks for the

Howdy Djim,

Thanks for the info! Where did you find the Guitar and Drum trainer 2?

Also, has anyone else used any particular tools that helped you with transcribing recorded music?

Thanks!
Sherry
Old 10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Djim Tio (djimtio)

Default Hi Sherry Please check out :

Hi Sherry
Please check out : www.renegademinds.com.
Succes
Djim
Old 10-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default [img]http://www.notation.com/d

I've always transcribed pieces the hard way... by ear. I've never heard of programs like this at all, but they sound like they sure could help a lot. Thanks for this thread Sherry.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Djim Tio (djimtio)

Default Hi Sherry Have you found what

Hi Sherry
Have you found what you are looking for ?There are lots of software programmers claiming to produce what you are looking for,with poor results ,to my opinion.Like Daniel said, the hard way ( by ear)...might, sometimes, turn out to be the best way,though.Like raising children and labs, huh ?
Cheers
Djim
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Djim, I did indeed fi

Howdy Djim,

I did indeed find a lot of apps for what I was looking for. See http://www.notation.com/Articles-AudioToSheetMusic.htm for the fruits of yours and my labor

Thanks guys - I love the folks in this forum!

ttfn,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry C; 12-18-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: update url
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
suzannejb

Default Re: Howdy Djim, I did indeed fi

I am very interested in knowing about that transcriber you mention, but the link appears to be broken.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Transkriber

Hi Suzanne,

I just fixed the link - sorry for the problem.

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Djim Tio (djimtio)

Default Hi Sherry Wooooow, quite a re

Hi Sherry
Wooooow, quite a research you did on the topic of transcribing !!I am quite sure the folks in this forum love you too for trying to make Notation Musician and Composer one of the best tools musicians and music lovers can get.
I also agree with you that,despite all technical efforts,one of the best tools our Creator has given us will always be ......our ears.
Cheers
Djim