Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > General music tips and questions

General music tips and questions Ask questions or share tips about instruments, playing, writing music, or other music-related topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM

Default Adjusting Lines

The attached score is an example for a question I have. I know how to go into Layout and move lines up and down, but I have not been able to find a way to adjust all lines proportionally. In this example, I've added Free Text for the Composers, which moves the top line down a bit (in Page View). I'd like to close up the space between the title and the first line, which I can do. This leaves a large space between the first line and the second. Moving the second line leaves a larger space between the second and the third lines, etc.

Is there a way to move all lines proportionally? This would also address the problem introduced by added slurs, which open up the white space between lines. Adding slurs sometimes forces the score into two pages, which isn't always desirable, and in some cases, not necessary.

So, to rephrase, if I move the first line upward, is there a way to quickly move the remaining lines upward proportionally, without moving each line individually?

Ralph
Attached Files
File Type: not Shangri-la.not (19.8 KB, 5 views)